In accordance with the provisions of Information Society and Electronic Services Act 34/2002, of 11 July 2002 (the “Information Society Act”), the User of the Portal is informed of the following:
- What are local data storage, Cookies and similar technology?
Local data storage means saving different types of data on your device via your web browser. Locally stored data may refer to how you browse our websites, what browser you use, the user’s configuration, etc. Cookies are a local data storage method. Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on the user’s computer, mobile phone, tablet or other online access device, allowing us to recognise their web browser. They also serve to obtain information about their browsing, and can be used to recognise users. They all fulfil the same function, to provide information about the user’s browsing, and may be used to determine which adverts should be displayed in your web browser.
In this policy we will refer jointly to all these techniques as: “local data storage“.
- Why do we use local data storage?
The website www.ufinet.com uses local data storage, as in the case of Cookies, for the following purposes:
To customise your browsing: To customise services in your browser. For example, to remember the country you are connecting from, your language, Internet connection speed.
To improve our services and the user experience: How often the website has been visited, the traffic to the different pages, for example.
To display advertising: How often a user has seen an advert, for example. These data are not directly identifiable.
What types of Cookie do we use?
The Cookies on the website change frequently. The Policy will therefore be updated to keep you informed.
We currently use session Cookies and persistent Cookies, which may in turn be first- or third-party Cookies.
- Session Cookies are designed to gather and store data while users access the website. They are typically used to store information that it is of interest to retain to provide the service requested by the user in one single session.
- Persistent Cookies are a type of cookie where the data remain stored on the terminal, and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie controller itself, which may range from several minutes to several years.
- First-party Cookies are those sent to the user’s terminal, created or managed by the controller of the website, UFINET. The Portal www.ufinet.com uses persistent first-party cookies of the following type and purpose:
- Customisation Cookies allow users to access the service with certain general predefined characteristics on their terminal, or others that users themselves can define. In this case, the purpose is to allow and store the user’s browsing language.
- Third-party Cookies are those administrated by analytical service providers other than UFINET.
Examples of technologies that we use:
DOUBLECLICK (advertising cookies): They manage the advertising spaces that users see when they access the website. These cookies, which may vary depending on the campaign in force, serve to measure the effectiveness of online campaigns. FURTHER INFORMATION.
Google Analytics (analytical cookies): They serve to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users on websites. The information gathered is used to measure activity on the Portal and to generate user browsing profiles, so as to make improvements to the service. FURTHER INFORMATION
Quartalflife (technical social cookies): Used for the monitoring and analysis of external social media networks. Their function is to monitor user interaction.
- How can I manage local data storage?
We recommend that you consult your browser’s Help section for information about the different options as to how to administer Cookies. There are also special programs that have been created specifically to manage Cookies.
Below we include links to manage cookies on the most significant browsers. Bear in mind that the explanations given by the links could be out of date:
Users should bear in mind that some Cookies are necessary in order for certain functionalities of the www.ufinet.com Portal to operate properly. If you decide to block certain Cookies, this may totally or partially affect the ordinary functioning of the website.
Bear in mind that you need to follow the same procedure every device that you use, and also for every web browser.
- Updates and changes to the Cookies Policy.
Our website, www.ufinet.com, may modify this Cookies Policy in accordance with new legislative or regulatory demands or in order to adapt the policy to any instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency (the “AEPD”).
If significant changes occur in the Cookies Policy, you will be informed in accordance with the legally established terms. An information notice will also be posted on the website.
- Contact information.
Updated most recently on 10 May 2018.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Español (Spanish)